The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Monday, July 27, 2020

opposing the media based cultural glamourisation of mafias


From the Heelers emails...


---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Lucrezia Oddone
Date: Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 2:34 PM
Subject: re the mafia
To: James Healy


James,

thank you so much for taking the time to reach out. I appreciate it immensely! 

Even if it's only a few of us fighting and speaking up, hope is still there for a better world.

Un caro saluto a te,

Lucrezia


Il lunedì, luglio 6, 2020, 12:26 AM, James ha scritto:
Lucrezia.
Greetings from Ireland.
I had to write to you.
Your video on the mafia was magnificent. I left a comment in order to show people I stand with you on this matter, but I wanted to say more.
You show real courage and insight and you actually care.
How rare that is.
So many people here in Ireland acquiesce to the glamourisation of the Cosa Nostra mafia and its Irish equivalents. Now we are a gangland country and the problem is getting worse.
It was like a breath of fresh air to hear your analysis.
I'm up to my neck in this fight but your video gave me reassurance that there are others who will not surrender to evil.
Someone should tell Martin Scorsese and Francis Ford Coppolo.
Without judging them I would ask: Have they no conscience?
I commend your principles and again I commend you for speaking out publicly and putting your name to your viewpoint.
James Healy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home