The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Friday, October 16, 2020

dynamics of discourse

"There's too many people in the world," said the fine meats vendor. "The planet is overpopulated."
"Ah no, no, no," I cried like a heffalump in pain.
In truth I'd been hoping to purchase my steak before falling out with the owner of the business.
"I'm serious," said he.
"I'm serious too," said I. "The fruits of the earth are sufficient to feed the children of the earth. It's just we haven't found a way to share them with each other yet. The planet can support any number of people. It's the wars and the dictatorships and the communisms and the atheisms and the islamisms and the sorceries that keep us poor."
A distant look came into his eye.
"You might have a point," he said mollifyingly.
He had the aspect and gait of a man who wanted to sell me the steak before falling out with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home