The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

ode to a thought

oh glistening thought
tell me you are more
than chemistry
woven into cell structure
electronically varied
by genetic depositions
in the voodoo of my biology
and apelike inhibitions

tell me you are more
tell me you are an ontology
and not just some whiff of the primordial soup
wafting through my necrology

come now glistening thought you can be blunt with me
surely you are more than a meaningless emission
an excescence of physicality
arbitrarily dialled up
by jewelling jeans
over centuries of heredity

is the wondrousness of my speech
nothing but a bullock belling in the fields
an elephant trumpetting in the forest
a batsqueak
but even these
are wondrous enough for me
cogito ergo sum
i think therefore i am
neigh neigh and thrice neigh
sum ergo cogito
i am therefore i think

tell me you are more
i need you to be more
say you are an ontology
not just some ghastly pseudopod
of relativist atheistic codology

let us be frank with one another glistening thought
if i am chemistry merely
what is your role
what is the keynote that makes you shine
and how can i ask this and be without a soul
for you an emblem of god
and yet your mine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home