The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Wednesday, March 10, 2021

today they said

 

President Joe Biden of the United States of America: "I want to thank the General... The guy who runs that outfit over there..."

(As reporters attempt to ask questions, President Biden's aides shoo them and him from the room.)

James Healy: "Well, this is quaint. The General whose name President Biden can't remember, is his Secretary of Defence. The outfit over there whose name President Biden can't remember is the Pentagon. I seem to remember the media considering it a gotchya moment back in the year 2000 when then Presidential candidate George W Bush didn't know the name of the General commanding Iran's Republican Guard. It was Suleimani by the way. The one President Donald Trump sent home to Allah. Like President Biden, I have no idea who the current Defence Secretary of the United States is. Nor do I willingly or casually disrespect President Biden. Nor do I feel I have an excuse to do so on grounds of age or infirmity. (His and mine.) From the outset I would never have been a fan because of his acquiescence to, and promotion of, the murder of unborn children via abortion. But elderly, doddery figures can lead great countries. It's not unprecedented or even rare. However I do think President Biden's position re avoiding live questioning is untenable. I suppose in former President Bill Clinton's words, that depends on what your definition of is is."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home