The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Saturday, February 20, 2021

park life

 

Sitting on a bench in the park with a takeaway coffee and a bag of hot chips.

There is a semi circle of crows sitting on the grass in front of me sharing the chips.

A Dublin woman of mature years passes by and greets me in pure Dublinese.

"Ye look lovely sittin dere Luv," sez she.

"How do you mean?" I venture.

"Just sittin dere wit yer chips in yer big coat and yer scarf an yer hah, ye look lovely," enthuses she.

"Lovely but in a macho way," I affirm.

"Oh I can see dah," she cackles. "You're very macho. You're attractin all deh boords."

Whereupon she toddles off.

The accent kind of crowned it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home