The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Sunday, May 20, 2007

interlude

Driving through the heartland of South Kildare in afternoon sunshine.
"What's wrong with you?" wonders the Mammy. "You're very quiet."
The dam broke.
"Listen Lil," sez I. "Everything's out of control. The nephews are coming over seven days a week. They're vomiting and fighting and biting all over the place. And Cleaning Lady is coming five days a week. Everywhere I look she's either polishing something or moving something to the left or hiding something so that it may never be found again. My life has changed. And there's nothing I can do about it. My life is in complete turmoil to be honest. It wouldn't change this much if I got married."
The Mammy smiled.
"Believe me," she said with mystic calm, "believe me, it would."

1 Comments:

Blogger Schneewittchen said...

It would be a bit of a surprise though, wouldn't it?

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home