The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Friday, November 01, 2019

valorous idylls chapter 25

Dead Men Don't Wear Bobble Hats

"You really think you can live without a TV?" wonders Teresa wide eyed.
"I've lived without one for years, it's just the neighbours keep giving me the damn things," sayeth me.
"Do you not enjoy television?" sez she.
"Too much sex and violence," sez me. "I don't approve. And I don't like being forced to finance RTE's culture war against the Catholic Church through the 180 quid licence fee which the Irish government insists we all pay every year for daring to own TVs."
"Well you've lost the use of your left arm, not your little finger. You can always change the channel," advises she.
"The problem is Teresa old pal," quoth me, "while not approving of it, I quite like the sex and violence."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home