The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Sunday, November 07, 2021

a sucker for the classics


Some merriment amidst a world in chaos, as United States President Joe Biden farted last week during a tete a tete about climate change with Camilla Duchess of Cornwall who is of course wife of Prince Charles, heir to the throne of England.

My mind flies to the story of Edward De Vere the 17th Earl of Oxford and a court favourite of Queen Elizabeth the First way back in the 16th century.

While making a low bow to aff Queen, the Earl unintentionally passed wind from his nethers.

He was so ashamed of the incident that he went into voluntary exile for seven years.

Since he knew the Queen liked him, he eventually mustered up the courage to return to court.

As he bowed in her presence, Queen Elizabeth the First greeted him warmly with the words: "My Lord, I had quite forgot the fart."

I would personally pay Camilla fifty pounds to say "My Lord, I had quite forgot the fart," to Joe Biden the next time she meets him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home