The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Thursday, October 17, 2019

valorous idylls chapter 11

Relativity

Some time in the morning I finished the rosary.
Joyful, peaceful, glorious mysteries.
And the mysteries of light.
A feeling of peace swept over me.
I checked my senses.
No. It was real.
That's rum.
I'd spent most of the night on an examination couch. I'd been put on a fast (ie no food) as a surgeon was going to operate when I got to Dublin. I hadn't slept.
But I felt refreshed and happy, almost on top of the world, as though I was emerging from a perfect stay at a luxury hotel.
The ambulance was cancelled. A decision had been made to do some more tests.
They gave me yet another X Ray and then a magnetic resonance imaging scan which involves being slid horizontally into an eerily isolating steel funnel while machine sensors measure things.
Towards midday they sent me, still spiritually content, by taxi to Tallaght hospital in Dublin.
I commend your attention gentle travellers of the internet, to the rosary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home