The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Wednesday, October 09, 2019

valorous idylls chapter 3

Clement Weathers.

Gentle breeze on the avenue.
Pain localising.
Thought processes clearing.
That's some pain right there.
Over on the left still not great.
Around the back not as bad.
The rest okay.
Right hand side really good.
Legs fine.
Optimism.
I've had a half hour on the ground.
And hey, it's not raining.
Time to get up.
Let's see. The legs will move.
Very good.
Leaning over to the right.
Nice and slow.
The right arm works.
Doing exactly what it's told to do.
Up on my elbow.
There you go.
Pancho you'll have to get down.
Thank you.
Now we just ease our way into a sitting position.
And the legs do their job.
I'm standing.
Wobbling.
But standing.
Steady enough.
We'll walk when we feel like it.
No hurry.
I look up.
The thing is still on the tree.
As I stand and look at it, it rises from the branch.
There is a mocking indifference to the motion.
The words are not heard but felt.
"Now you're ours."
It wheels about and flies away,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home