The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Tuesday, October 08, 2019

valorous idylls chapter 2

Priorities.

Lying on the ground.
The pain tending towards the left.
The crunching sound as I landed can't have meant anything good.
Maybe it was the ground crunching rather than a bit of me.
Now what.
Disinclined to try standing.
It's a nice level clear stretch of the avenue.
I'd have to be unlucky for someone to drive over me.
No hurry.
Let's see if I can roll over onto the side that hurts less than this side.
Yes I can.
Ah.
There's the doggies.
The sheepdog sitting quietly.
Pancho looking a bit perturbed which is a Jack Russell talent, all frowns and big eyes. 
"It's okay dogs, you didn't do anything wrong."
Pancho climbs up onto my leg and sits.
"Ah Pancho, you'll ruin the new trousers," I groan.
Mild realisation and I smile.
The trousers are fast losing their place of prime importance in the order of my universe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home