The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Thursday, March 05, 2020

the scientist

Quaffing coffees.
The scientist says: "They really seemed to be talking it up on all the media outlets. I was thinking if it's a corona virus. it's the flu. I was looking for statistics. The only statistics you could get were from the World Health Organisation or from the Chinese government. There was no really critical breaddown. The one question I wanted answered was what was the mortality rate? It seemed to me that they could create exactly the same panic every year with every flu outbreak. So I was asking myself, why this, why now. James, what's wrong with you?"
My piercing caerulean eyes had become a bit misty.
"Nothing. I'm a bit moved that's all. You see, up till now, I thought I was the only one."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home