The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Sunday, January 03, 2021

first they came for the brussels sprouts


When the Youtube website came for Robert Spencer, I did not speak out because, well, I suppose I never really trusted Robert Spencer, and anyway he's been a bit snarky with one or two replies to my emails, I'm just saying he's notoriously combative with regard to even the most modest feedback, I mean he'd fight with his shadow, although his online reporting of Jihad is the best media resource available for monitoring and assessing the contours of Islamic terrorism and you couldn't know what was happening from any other major news reporting outlet because they're, er, not reporting it.


When Youtube came for Mark Steyn I did not speak out because Mark Steyn once plagiarised an excellent Sunset Boulevard joke from my website and well, when you gotta go, you gotta go. We can live without Steyn.


When Youtube came for Abdullah Sameer, I did not speak out because, well, Abdullah Sameer, he's an atheist and anyway, I don't know him,  I've got enough on my plate, and it's not my job to comment on everything.


When Youtube came for David Wood I did not speak out because I had grown accustomed to watching extracts from old Seinfeld episodes on Youtube.


When Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube social media corporations in a coordinated coup de main came for President Donald Trump and any commentators or corporations who supported him or were fair minded in regard to the consideration of him, I didn't speak out because, well, I'd thought Trump had mafia links, and I'd sensed evil from him, and I'd always thought he stole the 2016 election or someone stole it on his behalf.


When Youtube came for Zara Kay I thought wow she's a hottie, maybe I will speak out, but I'd forgotten how.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home