The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Friday, April 02, 2021

april showers

 

Afternoon on a bench in the park.

Lovely April sunshine washing over everything.

Cartman swan waddles up and begins tugging at my coat.

Two members of the Hutch gang approach and stand nearby.

They are middle aged, bald, burly, and hardy looking.

The first one says (mar dhea to his friend about the swan but really to me about his friend): "He could break your arm."

The second one says (mar dhea to the first one about the swan but really to me about the first one): "Or he could break your leg."

The first one says (mar dhea to the swan but really to me): "Don't worry we're not going to kidnap you."

The second one says (mar dhea to the swan but really to me): "Not yet."

Both walk away laughing companionably.

"What pleasant fellows,"  I say to no one in particular. "Pity, there's never any Kinahanes around when you want them,"

Cartman gets it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home