The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

the heelers diaries in america

Morning in America.
A light breeze sifts the leaf fringed suburbs of Boston.
I am sitting at the kitchen table in my Aunty's home, leafing through the newspaper styled The Boston Globe.
My aunty Eileen is preparing vittles.
All seems right with the world.
A packet of biscuits leaps off the top of the fridge and lands on the floor.
Neither of us are anywhere near it.
I look at my aunt.
"Why did it do that Eileen?" I ask eyes wide and innocent.
"Oh James, things fall off shelves all the time," quoth she.
The noble Heelers nods.
Without further ado, I bless myself and begin to pray aloud the Hail Mary.
If you'd heard me gentle travellers of the internet you might have noticed an unusually sincere note in my voice.

2 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

I wish you could come to Idaho, James.

12:48 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

Be careful what you wish for!

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home