The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Monday, September 23, 2019

autism for beginners

"I agree with you about Attention Deficit Disorder. I've dealt with hundreds of children during the space of twenty years who supposedly had ADHD. And do you know how many I thought really had something? Maybe two. The rest were disrupted by other factors."
"But professionals aren't saying this."
"I'm saying it."
"Okay but you still disagree with me about autism."
"James there's something there. They have something."
"Well some of them have neurological damage from the Mumps Measles Rubella vaccine."
"I agree with you. There I agree with you."
 "I'm a bit surprised you said that. A lot of professionals don't dare say they agree with that one. But what about the other kids who have something we're calling autism. The ones whose supposed distinctive traits we postulate may not have been induced by mass vaccination programmes. I'm saying we're wrongly calling distinctive individuality a symptom. I'm asking whether the semblance of neurological damage can arise from systemic bullying? From our own predispositions to define normalcy in the most convenient way possible for ourselves? From misbehaving parents? From profound psychological aggresivities experienced via the culture? From unknown traumas? From an excessive desire on the part of caregivers to have what they think is a normal child? From authority figures who lack patience? From the absence in the home environment of belief in God? From diagnosticians ticking boxes and labelling indidual, distinctive. unique, talented people autistic. I suggest it can and does. During my twenty years arsing around, I've seen it."
"I've studied this James."
"What if it's not genetically based at all? What if it's not in many cases even real neurological damage? What if it's the distinct uniqueness of each individual human being responding to circumstances we don't know about? What if they've been sent to teach us? To teach us to love. To teach us to step back from careerism. To teach us to make an effort not to be so caught up in what other people think."
"No, James."
"For all your study noble soul and for all your caring and for all your experience, and for your compassionate wisdom and insight, all of which I recognise, I'm still saying you weren't there when the ---- went down."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home