The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Tuesday, October 01, 2019

juridical manoeuvres in the dark

Cofffee with Rowena.
"They're after your friend Judge Kavanagh again," she said.
She was referring to renewed attempts by the Democratic Party of the United States to discredit newly installed Supreme Court Judge Brett Kavanaugh.
I smiled thinly.
I was curious.
"Have you admitted yet that the initial fishing expedition accusation allegation against Judge Kavanaugh by Christine Blasey Ford was a complete tissue of lies?" I asked her. "I mean even some of her most partisan initial supporters now say she was lying. Her lawyer Debra Katz has been filmed admitting that the whole thing was politically motivated. I said it right at the beginning. The fembos want a Trump scalp. They wanted to publicly humiliate and force from office someone appointed by President Donald Trump. So Helen Blasey Ford lied to order. Think about it. She was claiming she couldn't remember where her made up assault occurred. She was claiming she didn't know when her made up assault occurred. She was claiming she didn't know how she got home after her made up assault occurred. And in order to avoid testifying to congress without having a few days to prep her lies about her made up assault with her lawyers, she was claiming she was afraid to get on aeroplanes. It was all just a piece of feminist manipulation designed to smear a pro life candidate for the Supreme Court on the eve of his nomination. And if she'd gotten away with it, the falsehood of her allegation would have been a footnote in history. She'd have been eulogised like Anita Hill who tried to do the same thing, using the same methods for the same reasons, to Judge Clarence Thomas thirty years ago. If Christine Blasey Ford had pulled it off, Judge Kavanaugh's career would have been destroyed. What about the effects on his life and friendships? His family? No one would have rewound the tape. These slanders are not victimless crimes. The slanderers are not innocent victims."
Rowena appeared pensive.
Then.
"Well James what would you do if you heard John Herlihey was about to be promoted in the Kerry Education and Training Board?"
Her words gave me pause.
I took my time to answer.
"He was promoted. I did nothing."
"Are you proud of that?"
"Look, my point is not that there's no such thing as a true allegation. I'm not saying assaults don't happen. I'm not saying abuse of power doesn't happen. I'm not saying malicious harassment in the workplace doesn't happen. I'm saying some allegations are transparently false from the word go. I'm saying some allegations are resentment based score settling. I'm saying some allegations are made to sabotage careers. I'm saying some allegations are propagated out of pure spite. I'm saying each case should be weighed on its merits. Opportunistic slanders or slanders as with Christine Blasey Ford where an abortionist wishes to discredit a perceived pro lifer, should not be entertained. And I'm saying that there is a particular traffic in opportunistic slander right this moment by left wingers and feminists and other scoundrels within our culture and society, and that we must develop a critical attitude to it and to them. We cannot continue to reward opportunistic showboating scoundrels every time they emerge attempting to ruin someone's life."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home