The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Monday, September 30, 2019

the biggest favour anyone ever did me

It was an Arab man working in the Costa cafe on Dawson Street, Dublin.
This particular fellow had a bit of a reputation round town for being rude to Americans and apparently as I was finding out, to, er, how shall I put this, to people who are somewhat vaguely well disposed towards America.
He had no personal acquaintanceship with me that I knew of.
He was however trying to be rude and flung my cash change down on the counter.
I felt a flash of fury.
The fury was surprisingly disproportionate to the offence.
At  the same time as I felt the fury, there came a stabbing pain in the small of my back.
It was so acute.
I tried to cover it because I didn't want the man to think I was bowing to him.
Even as the pain stabbed into me, I recognised what it meant.,
I was actually fascinated, thrilled mark you, the pain notwithstanding, at the knowledge.
I knew this was a unique moment.
It was the best evidence I would ever have of the mind body connection.
The fury, or stress, or might we say hatred, the manner in which I was mentally dealing with the challenge of the situation, equalled instant damage to my own body.
Experience is a proof.
A demonstration of a truth or insight, to me as one who experienced it.
Ergo.
The mind body connection is real.
This is something that has interested me most of my life.
It ties in with the ancient faith of course.
The notion that we are eternal spirits.
That how we handle things can affect how we are.
I had wondered could the mind body connection really be proven.
Though I thought it likely to be true, did I really believe it?
And did it indicate if proven, the reality beyond mind and body, of the spirit, by which I mean the immortal soul?
I think it does indicate the reality of the spirit.
And I say again, this was the best, the most incontrovertible, the clearest direct evidence I had ever gotten for it.
Evidence for the mind body connection.
By extension evidence the notion of the soul is true.
Not a bad life lesson either.
I am reminded of one of Jesus' gags.
The Lord turns to the good all things for those who love him.
Thank you Mr Dawid.
I am in your debt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home