The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

weebles wobble but they don't fall down

Wandered into the Post Office on important business.
And lo!
They've placed blue tape on the floor to indicate how far we should stand from the counter in order not to infect the staff with our diseases.
And lo again!
The girl behind the counter is wearing a ridiculous surgical face mask.
Not a day ago I had been joshing with this same girl about the flu virus panic.
I thought we'd agreed that it was all a case of mass hysteria.
Now she's one of them.
Et tu Therese, then fall Heelers.
Reaching the head of the queue I stand smartly to attention, salute and deliver my report.
"Lord Vader," I begin, "the rebel base has been captured and there were no survivors. Skywalker and the Princess have escaped. There's no sign of the two droids.
"Were Skywalker and the Princess dead when they escaped?" rasped Girl Vader.
"Er, well, that is to say, technically no," I quavered.
"So there were in fact survivors," she rumbled.
"Umm, kind of," said I.
"I find your lack of efficiency in wiping out rebel bases disturbing," she said reaching out with those mind powers they strangle you with.
Actually she didn't say any of this.
When I gave my report what she said was: "Stand back behind the blue line."
She didn't say it very nicely either.
I could tell from the expression on her face mask that she wasn't in the least bit amused.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home