The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Wednesday, October 28, 2020

a short study in post modern cynicism

 "Is Raymond married?" wondered Farmer Jones.

"No." said I.

"But he's got a partner," said he.

"I suppose you might call her a riding partner," quoth me.

"But they are in a relationship," quoth he.

"Yes," said I.

"It's permanent so," said he.

"It's permanent at least until the end of the next ride," I explained.

"A relationship is the same as being married," said Farmer Jones.

"It is if you consider 'until the end of the next ride' as equivalent to till death do us part," said me.

"You're just a cynic," said my friend.

"While Ray is a true romantic," I mused soberly, "in that he.believes one good ride deserves another,"

"They'll stay together," pronounced Farmer Jone confidently.

"They will unless something better comes along," said I superstitiously.

"He loves her," declared the Farmer.,

"Ray is a bit of a traditionalist in these matters," I agreed. "He loves a good ride."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home