The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Tuesday, November 09, 2021

joy cometh in the morning

 

Rather a nifty one liner today from a neighbour who's been dealing with cancer for the past year and after multiple treatments seems to have been freed of it. The prognosis a few months ago was bye byes.

"I don't know what I'm going to do," sez she. "I spent so much time learning how to die. Now I have to learn how to live again."

Mad Max had that trouble all the time.

By coincidence another of my long acquaintances has also just received an all clear after cancer surgery in Naas hospital.

She was operated on by the surgeon Osama Al Sahaf, son of Comical Ali the former Information Minister for Saddam Hussein.

"My knee is better too," she told me over Tiffin.

"Did he operate on your knee?" sez I.

"No," sez she, "it just got better."

I was stunned.

I was nearly more excited about the knee than the cancer as she's been limping for years.

When surgeons successfully operate, I regard the outcome as being from God. But it's great fun when God does it himself. I call those ones whap bam thud miracles.

Oh and Cardinal Raymond Burke has recovered from his own recent bout of supposedly life threatening illness.

That's three doozies right there.

I like to count the blessings when get em.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home