The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Saturday, February 15, 2020

it is a holy and wholesome thing to pray for the dead

An old friend visited me in a dream last night.
He had died 15 years ago.
In the dream, he shook my hand and said: "Thanks for all the free passes you've been sending me."
I thought to myself: Someone is sending him phone credit by text and he thinks it's me,
When I woke this morning, the feeling of the dream was quite fresh.
The phone credit thing didn't seem to make much sense.
I said to God: "If it's only an imaginary experience Lord, that's fine. But if it's something from you, I'd like to know what it means."
Later today, sitting in a cafe, I remembered that for some years I'd been praying for my old friend's soul.
I'd also occasionally been wondering whether prayers for departed ones have any use.
Presently my old friend's wife arrived in the cafe and we chatted over coffees.
I hadn't seen her for months.
Today's meeting was by chance.
It all seemed quite providential.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home