The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Monday, August 23, 2021

soylent green is people

 

A little old lady walks up to me in the street.

"I hear Berneys Pharmacy in Kilcullen is refusing to give out the vaccine," she whispers conspiratorially.

Enthused but momentarily speechless, I take a step back.

When I find my voice, I exclaim orgastically: "Yes Beavis. Yes, yes, yes. USA! USA! USA!"

"Your cousin owns it and you didn't know?" sez the somewhat surprised LOL who has no apparent objections to being addressed as Beavis.

"I knew there were some people on the staff who have an interest in the Lord but I didn't know it had gotten this far," I tell her.

"Your cousin says he hopes they don't take away his licence," murmurs the LOL.

"I think they'll try banning you and me from the supermarkets before they do that," I muse.

"There's a doctor in Naas refusing to give it out as well," says the LOL.

"The Resistance is spreading like a virus," I remark, grinning contagiously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home